Teletherapy, also known as online therapy, e-therapy, or video therapy, is therapy provided through the virtual platform of a computer, a smart phone, a traditional telephone or an iPad. If you’ve ever used FaceTime or Skype, it’s essentially the same thing – except significantly more secure and protected. Clients can receive very effective and meaningful therapy from the comfort of their home, office or even while sitting at the shoreline.
Teletherapy benefits a wide range of people with different circumstances and needs. Sessions work the same way as traditional therapy sessions except that the therapist and the client are in different locations.
So if this sounds like you:
- You want to feel safe in the comfort of your own home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- You are a busy stay-at-home or working parent, and don’t have time to schedule or keep appointments
- You lack the time or resources to get to an in-person therapy appointment
- You want the ease and convenience of a video conference appointment
… then Telehealth services may be just what you need.
I can not overstate the convenience of scheduling an appointment through a phone app. I use a secure, fully confidential, HIPAA compliant video platform offered through the practice management system called Simple Practice. You’ll be sent a link for the video appointment. Click on it when our appointment is scheduled to start or open it through the Telehealth by SimplePractice app (download free in the app store). You can use the camera and audio on your computer or mobile device.
There’s no need to get ready, or even leave your bed or couch.
Take the Next Step
Just like in-person therapy, online therapy can help you with a wide range of problems, such as:
- Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless
- Stress management
- Coping with anxiety or worry
- Mood swings
- Relationship issues and loneliness
- Difficulties with sleep
- Difficulty relaxing or focusing
- Motivation and goal achievement
- Grief and Loss (death of a loved one, loss of career, etc.)
You don’t have to tough this one out alone. We will get through this together. If you are looking for a therapist and think we might be a good fit, please contact me for a free consultation. I am here to help and am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Also, offering phone therapy in Newport Beach, CA and Orange County.